The keyword of this update is options. We added a bunch of more options for the user, along with a design overhaul. Here are the details.
- Added automatic infinite scroll for mobile devices that supports it. Others will still have a button to tap. Made sure infinite scroll works on super large screens.
- Some design changes: Read more buttons in front page grid flattened, quite a bit of redesign in the header, “Notice” post type in front page grid is changed.
- Made an option for menu area to move up with the page – out of view – when you scroll down, instead of being fixed to the top.
- Made an option for the first post in front page grid not to be larger than the others.
- Made an option to have widgets in a sidebar visible across the site, instead of in dropdown area. However, on mobile all widgets will always stay in the dropdown.
- Fixed unfortunate bug that made you unable to select text. Also changed the old yellow selected text color to dark gray for a more neutral approach.
- “Notice” post type now uses the same post template in single view as “Breaking News.” Too much dark gray lines upon lines in the old version.
- Made a new menu that lay horizontally in the header. On mobile, this is combined with the main menu in the dropdown area.
- Changed lead and blockquote style for “Breaking News” post type to match the bold headline.
- Added cite tag styling for all blockquotes.
- Let FB pick share image on single articles automatically instead of forcing the default, when you’re not using featured image.
- Restructured the customizer.