The custom setup of this theme is all tucked into the Customizer – the proper way for a WordPress Theme to be customized. Here we go through each section and the available options.
Customizer -> Site Identity
Branding opportunity alert!
- Site Title Font: Select the main font for the header. This will be overridden if you use a picture for a logo.
- Tagline Display: Display your tagline on mobile, desktop, or both.
- Upload Logo: Logo is going to replace your Site Title Font in the header.
- Default Sharing Image: If no proper image is being found on the site, when it is shared on social media, this one will be picked instead. By default it will pick your featured image when sharing an article.
- Site Icon: Add a custom site icon, used as a favicon and as an app icon if you save the site as a shortcut on your smartphone.
Customizer -> Theme Setup
Settings that affect your entire theme.
- Release Header from Top: If you check this, the header will no longer stay at the top at all times, but scroll along with the page.
- Homogenize Front Page Grid: If you check this, all articles in the front page grid will be the same size.
- Bypass Front Page Text Truncation: Prints the entire article as-is on the front page. Don’t use this except if you have a specific plan with it, it will turn into a total mess by default. This option also exists inside every single post.
- Show Sidebar On: Show sidebar on Front Page, Inside Articles, Both, or Always Inside Dropdown Menu.
- Show Featured Images On: Select where you want to see your featured images. Front Page, inside Article, or Both.
Customizer -> Post Setup
Settings that affect your posts.
- Constrain Featured Image Width: Let no featured image get wider than the article text width.
- Hide Pen Icon Above Comment Section: If you don’t feel like that little icon fits your brand, turn it off.
- Post Footer: Here you can write a small text that’s visible in a footer on every post.
Customizer -> Color Schemes
Choose between the three Color Schemes.