The custom setup of this theme is all tucked into the customizer – the proper way for a WordPress Theme to be customized. Here we go through each section and the available options.
Branding opportunity alert!
- Add a logo image for the header, decide whether to show the slogan or not.
- Choose between two header fonts if you don’t use a logo.
- Add default Facebook Sharing image to be used when an image is not available on a page.
- Add a custom site icon, used as a favicon and as an app icon if you save the site as a shortcut on your smartphone.
It the Theme Setup section in the customizer, you now have three options.
- Keep Widget Area In Dropdown: Uncheck this to have your widgets in a classic visible sidebar on every page of your site. Though on mobile it will always stay in dropdown anyhow.
- Fix Header To Top: If you uncheck this, the header area will no longer stay fixed to the top when you scroll down, allowing for the articles to take up a bit more screen real estate.
- First Post Is Larger: Uncheck this to have all posts in the front page post grid be the same size.
- Show Featured Images On: Select where you want to see your featured images. Front Page, inside Article, or Both.
Changes that only affect the single post pages, are tucked in here, under the customizer -> Post Setup.
- If you don’t feel like the pen icon above the comment section below each post fits your brand, you may turn it off.
- Post Footer: You may have a little footer text below every article, stating your copyright or whatever is proper.
Choose between the three color schemes in the customizer section.