The custom setup of this theme is all tucked into the Customizer – the proper way for a WordPress Theme to be customized. Here we go through each section and the available options.
Customizer -> Site Identity
Branding opportunity alert!
- Tagline Display: Display your tagline on mobile, desktop, or both. Leave it empty if you don’t want to show it at all.
- Upload Logo: The Logo is going to replace your Site Title Font in the header.
- Flourish Before Tagline: Add text or symbols in front of the tagline. For example an issue number.
- Flourish After Tagline: Same as above, but after the tagline.
- Default Sharing Image: If no main image is being found on a page when it is shared on social media, this one will be used instead. By default it will pick your featured image when sharing an article.
- Site Icon: Add a custom site icon, used as a favicon and as an app icon if you save the site as a shortcut on your smartphone.
Customizer -> Theme Setup
Settings that affect your entire theme.
- Boxed Mode: Add a margin to your entire theme making the newspaper shape pop out. Only on desktop.
- Release Header from Top: If you check this, the header will no longer stay at the top at all times, but scroll along with the page.
- Homogenize Front Page Grid: If you check this, all articles in the front page grid will be the same size.
- Bypass Front Page Text Truncation: Prints the entire article as-is on the front page. Don’t use this except if you have a specific plan with it, it will turn into a total mess by default. This option also exists inside every single post.
- Show Sidebar On: Show sidebar on Front Page, Inside Articles, Both, or Always Inside Dropdown Menu.
- Show Featured Images On: Select where you want to see your featured images. Front Page, inside Article, or Both.
Customizer -> Post Setup
Settings that affect your posts.
- Constrain Featured Image Width: Let no featured image get wider than the article text width.
- Hide Pen Icon Above Comment Section: If you don’t feel like that little icon fits your brand, turn it off.
- Post Footer: Here you can write a small text that’s visible in a footer on every post. Emptying it will remove the entire footer.
Customizer -> Color & Type
Choose between the Color Schemes, Styles & Typefaces.